POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help! Trees? : Help! Trees? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Help! Trees?
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 3 Sep 1998 18:22:54
Message: <35ef08ae.0@news.povray.org>
After much tries, I still can't make anything that looks like a tree
(even remotely). Can anyone help me? I don't care for the method (pov
code or external utilities, texture maps or Lsystems, cardboard
cutouts,... ), except for unofficial compiles (anyway, I work with
3.1, so this can not be a problem at this time...).

I am after big and the most realistic trees possible, to make a forest
(lod thinking welcomed). Everything that I tried looked more like a
sapling than a mighty centenarian oak.

Any help welcome

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Philippe