POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) : Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1)
From: heylen
Date: 27 Aug 1998 11:50:33
Message: <35ee6f68.28090594@news.povray.org>
thanks for the comments but the problem remains unsolved:
1. using both types of fog, I can create a more realistic scene but
there remains some detail to be seen at the horizon: the separation
between clouds and landscape is still visible. looks like I can't
create fog that is strong or dense enough to hide all details at the
horizon.
2. I did not use any spheres or other closed objects; just 2
heigthfields. so, I am not inside an hollow object.
3. complete, detailed heightfields can be downloaded from:
http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov/landdaac/gtopo30
gtopo30 is a global digital elevation model (DEM) with a horizontal
grid spacing of 30 arc seconds (approx. 1 kilometer).
further comments are welcomed.