POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Mini-Tutorial : Re: Animation Mini-Tutorial Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Mini-Tutorial
From: me
Date: 2 Sep 1998 01:26:18
Message: <35ecc8ea.0@news.povray.org>
K. Tyler wrote in message <35E9F2D8.B5FC3BF3@pacbell.net>...
>BoDonna wrote:

snipped

>    You asked about other animation packages and there are several
available.
>One I'm falling in love with is a shareware package called Main Actor.
>I think the URL for this is http://www.mainconcept.de but if it doesn't
work
>I'm not responsible. It's 100 degrees F here today and my brain hurts.
>Another favorite of many people is called Video For DOS of VFD. It
>is of course another dos based program.

snipped

>K.Tyler

I swear by VFD, it is great!  I also love smacker  (www.radgametools.com)
It is a windows program that can make files that can be played back on
almost any platform  (dos, mac, win, I think some video game consoles...)
the .smk files it makes arer only 8 bit, but it has some fantastic color
reduction, so you can barely (if at all) tell the difference between a 24
bit anim and an 8 bit smacker file.  It does take a fairly long time to
compile the frames, but it  really is a very powerful tool, and free for
/personal/ use.