POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Point Lights : Re: Point Lights Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Point Lights
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Sep 1998 19:24:26
Message: <35ec741a.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have made a pretty nice candle for my submission to the math/science IRTC
entry (May-June 1997). The flame is a bit torch-like but you can fix that.
Otherwise it features drops of molten was (one of which hasn't yet cooled
down and is clear and refractive), a pool of molten wax under the flame, and
that "seat" (?!?!) that you make from a few drops to stick the candle on. If
you want I'll send you (or post in one of the scene-files groups) the
source. As of the lighting side of it, it does what you want plus it
illuminates the candle itself.

Peter