POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : normal average bug (?) in beta6 : Re: normal average bug (?) in beta6 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: normal average bug (?) in beta6
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 1 Sep 1998 07:47:28
Message: <35ebd0c0.0@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
: Under some circumstances, the normal average pattern turns inside-out
: (inverts). I haven't yet been able to specify *exactly* under what
: circumstances so I won't speculate. There was a thread (April 24, 1998)
: about this bug appearing in 3.02. If you know it is *not* a bug and I am
: doing something wrong please inform me. If anyone's interested I'll post
: source in binaries.scene-files and/or pic in binaries/images.

  Yes, there seems to be something wrong with normals into average
statements. Apparently it has not been fixed in pov3.1. Maybe povteam:
  a) doesn't know about this bug
  b) doesn't have the time to search and fix it
  c) doesn't care (after all, the bug happens really rarely)

  I think that b) _and_ c) are correct... :)

--
                                                           - Warp. -