POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray v3.1 beta 6b : Re: POV-Ray v3.1 beta 6b Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.1 beta 6b
From: Duane Tackett
Date: 1 Sep 1998 07:05:17
Message: <35ebc6dd.0@news.povray.org>
Pov-Team,

    Let me start out by saying you guys have done a tremendous job with pov
ray and I have nothing but respect and admiration for anyone who can write
code like you guys!  My hats off to you.

    BUT, (sorry, don't beat me) in Beta 6 you added a "feature" for
reclaiming potentially lost ram and on the Pentium 100 I have at work this
feature takes total control of my system for almost 5 seconds, total control
meaning I can't move my mouse and anything else I am working on suddenly
becomes unresponsive.  If there a way I can turn this off or is this the way
it is going to be from now on?  Let me know...

--
Duane

Check out my web page.  I just started, so don't laugh too hard.
www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/lab/8407
e-mail me: ddt### [at] junocom

povray.org admin team wrote in message
<35ecbfe9.119981634@news.povray.org>...
>POV-Ray for Windows v3.1 beta 6b will be available from our FTP site
shortly.
>This has additional editor functionality over beta 6. As the differences
are
>almost all due to the Windows editor, other platforms may not make a
release at
>this stage (if they do we'll let you know).
>
>It is likely that we will make a zip file containing just the changed EXE
and
>DLL's available later on.
>
>Core renderer changes since beta.6
>
>  Added translate, rotate, scale, transform, matrix to material{}
>  Added logical function "defined(IDENTIFIER)"
>   Note: When #read (MyFile,Var) hits eof, MyFile is closed and
>         it does #undef MyFile automatically.  Its always worked
>         this way.  But now you can do...
>           #while(defined(MyFile))
>             #read(MyFile,Var)
>           #end
>  Fixed #undef MyMaterial
>  Other clean-ups
>
>Windows changes since beta 6
>
>  o Added auto-reload (which also auto-saves when switching away from
POVWIN).

>  o Fixed problem with Save As not providing a default path and filename.
>
>  o Added printing to editor. This includes optional highlighting of
comments
>    and two-up printing (i.e. prints two pages on a single sheet of paper).
>
>  o Fixed problem with message window sometimes not getting focus
(therefore
>    preventing UpArrow/DownArrow from scrolling it).
>
>  o Added /NORESTORE (also /NR) option to command line. If present,
POVWIN's