POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help! Can anyone figure this math? : Re: Help! Can anyone figure this math? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help! Can anyone figure this math?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Sep 1998 01:38:25
Message: <35eb7a41.0@news.povray.org>
Well, I tried playing around with inverting the vectors and having inverse
on/off but this seemed to work, so I used it. Anyway, POV internally
represents a box as an intersection of six planes, but it is bounded and
uses vista buffers, so it's fast. Also, difference is internally represented
as intersection { ... inverse }, but using the former surely makes the code
more clear. Lastly, can you provide the math part of the code you're working
on once you're finished? I'm getting quite curious...

Peter