POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help! Can anyone figure this math? : Re: Help! Can anyone figure this math? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help! Can anyone figure this math?
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 30 Aug 1998 16:27:39
Message: <35e9a7ab.0@news.povray.org>
Greetings!

Peter Popov wrote in message <35e8e8ac.0@news.povray.org>...
>Well, seems to me eveeryone's working on the trigonometric solution...
>here's a cheep 'n' cheesy one. You'll need two points on each surface,
>....<

Thanks, Peter, for your solution. You've guessed: I do need CSG operations.
And I'd really like to solve my problem with a cylinder (or, as the case may
be, a torus between cones). That's a purity and code elegance (and perhaps
stupid) affair.

But I printed your answer and will keep it handy.

Thank you again,

Sincerely,

Philippe