POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) : Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1)
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 28 Aug 1998 13:29:54
Message: <35e6db02.0@news.povray.org>

>I think the problem doesn't lie in some construction error, but the fact that
>it isn't all that easy to create a nice blurry horizon with fog layers. I've
>tried myself a few times and it was a disaster. If anyone ever succeeded in
>creating a nice distant fog that blurs out the horizon, I'd be really
>interested in how he/she accomplished that.
>
>JK

Yes, it's quite difficult to get it right; I once had to do it with
2 layered fogs and 1 ordinary fog, playing with transmit value of the
fog's color.
In fact, you must have one opaque fog to hide the horizon line, and
another transparent one to blend more nicely in the background...

Cheers,
Fabien.