POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) : Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 27 Aug 1998 13:23:02
Message: <35e587e6.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:45:25 GMT, hey### [at] omabe <hey### [at] omabe> wrote:
>thanks for the comments but the problem remains unsolved:
>2. I did not use any spheres or other closed objects; just 2
>heigthfields. so, I am not inside an hollow object.

(By the way, please don't post binaries in this group.  That's why there are
binaries groups.)

You can be inside a heightfield, as well.  If your sky heightfield isn't
"upside-down" you will be inside of it.  Basically, the "inside" of an
untransformed heightfield is everything with a y value below the level of
the surface and with 0<=x<=1 and 0<=z<=1.  Yes, everything - heightfields
are infinite objects, despite the fact that they are documented in the
"finite solid primitives" section of the manual.