POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Planetary Heightfields: Now what? : Re: Planetary Heightfields: Now what? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planetary Heightfields: Now what?
From: David Cook
Date: 26 Aug 1998 00:16:41
Message: <35e37e19.0@news.povray.org>
It looks to me like these are not pure height fields, but rather, height
field renderings. If you look closely, you can see shadows around the
features, probably created by embossing the original height field data to
give this 3-D effect. If you try using these as height fields, you'll
probably be disappointed with the results.