POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov win/dos speed comparison ? : Re: Pov win/dos speed comparison ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov win/dos speed comparison ?
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 22 Aug 1998 18:26:00
Message: <35df3768.0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Mark King wrote in message <35D### [at] csicom>...
>The DOS version is faster, but you might want to consider a recomplied
>version that is available called Povpro. To quote the compiler...

I did not expect an alternate pov proposition, so I didn't specify this:

I am moving - that is I moved - to pov 3.1 and I am already too far to get
back to 3.02. I spent too many days coding my last and very important
project: around 97.7Kb of pure hand-crafted POV code, which is heavily
macro-ed. I guess that even a overall 50% speed-up wouldn't outweight
the time needed to convert the files.

|:-(

Too bad, because PovPro sounds good. Maybe later...

Thanks anyway

Sincerely,

Philippe