POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov win/dos speed comparison ? : Pov win/dos speed comparison ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Pov win/dos speed comparison ?
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 22 Aug 1998 04:11:30
Message: <35de6f22.0@news.povray.org>
How rapid is POV-DOS compared to POV-WIN? Is the speed difference
worth the trouble?

I ask this questions because I'll soon have quite an number of big images
to trace (big in pixel dimensions, quite number of csg object and many
complicated textures...). I would surely appreciate any time gained.

Computer: PII 233MHz, 64MRAM

Another speed question: from system monitor accessorie, I gather
that I have around 4M free memory left when I render my scene... but
the scene is currently around 1/4 or 1/5 completed and so will still grow
quite a bit. Should I buy more memory? What will be the penalty if I don't?
Any help or advice welcomed.

Thank You

Sincerely,

Philippe