POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animated credits, on-screen display... : animated credits, on-screen display... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  animated credits, on-screen display...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 20 Aug 1998 22:07:57
Message: <35dcc86d.0@news.povray.org>
If anyone's interested in making a credits screen or some on-screen display
(like in Descent, Tie Fighter etc.), here's an idea I have used with
success.

Get Chris Colefax's lens effects .inc . Find the line

#declare _LE_baseobj  = disc {0, z, .999 finish ... etc.

and comment it out (there is no problem according to the copyright info in
lnsefcts.txt chapter 6.0). Save the modified file under a different name
(say mylens.inc) Then in your .pov you #declare _LE_baseobj yourself, it
being credits, ship info, whatever. See the enclosed zip for an example (it
is a part of an anim I am doing, so please ask if you're to use it... the
tilt indicator is buggy anyway, any ideas?). The text (or other objects)
should be in the x-y plane, and as flat as possible. Experiment to see. As
far as I remember a box { <-2.25,-1.55,-0.00001>, <2.25,1.55,0.0000001> }
covers almost a full screen, but that's very easy to check out.

Hope I made myself clear.

Is this of any help?

--Peter

pet### [at] usanet

P.S. You'll need Chris Colefax's spline.inc to run the example (and any
files I forgot to include... :-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'screen.zip' (4 KB)