POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how (if at all) can i change the wavelength of light in pov? : Re: how (if at all) can i change the wavelength of light in pov? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how (if at all) can i change the wavelength of light in pov?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 Aug 1998 00:36:32
Message: <35da4840.0@news.povray.org>
>> cut
>But you can ask me:
>
> (frequency.inc) code cut
>
>It is only a linear interpolation, but I hope it helps.

It helps me for one. I have a (much more difficult to answer) question: how
about Fourier analysis of a rgb coded color? Will it be easier if
light_sources are (optionally) specified as wavelengths? What if there is a
filter_map and reflecton_map to specify the absorbtion and reflection
spectra of a bofy? Won't these give more realistic light dispersion than the
current dispersion patch gives? I once wanted to develop (only the math
stuff of) a dispersion patch but gave up at the above questions. I came up
with the same sampling algorithm used in the dispersion patch (back then I
was thinking of more user control to it but it turned  out it looks fine as
is)

>Thomas
>
>--
>http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm