POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some FEATURES I would like to see : Re: Some FEATURES I would like to see Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some FEATURES I would like to see
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 17 Aug 1998 18:16:33
Message: <35d89db1.0@news.povray.org>
**Wow**

When I posted this message, I did not believe it would generate so
much feedback...

Two small explanations :

* POV vs. 3DMAX : What I said is that I PREFER POV - I did not
  say POV is better :-)... but I believe that as a renderer, it is. 3DMAX
  is better as a GUI and for animations - but there are outstanding
  sharewares and freewares out there. The only two features I really miss
  in POV are :
  * (this would be difficult to implement and to use in POV's current
    state) the exclude / include option for light sources, with lighting /
shadow
    flags.
  * instant camera preview for animations - but this is not POV's domain.

  What I really like in POV is an almost total control (I really do hate
MAX's
  point snap... that do not snap exactly), and easily parametrisable
behavior,
  the more so with 3.1 !

* To povray.org admin team: the 'wavy pov banner' I refered to is the
grayscale
  background image on the toolbar in povwin. I was only stating my
aesthetical
  opinion - nothing really essential.

That's all... for now: I may come back with the sequel of my wish list (Dear
Santa... ). The first item would probably be "why isn't there a official www
wish list / bug fixes, with votes ?".

Many, many thanks to all the people who make POV-Ray, and who support
it. Thank you, thank you, you have made the earth a better place.

   Sincerely,

   Philippe

P.S. I am not a regular newsgroup user  yet - if you reply to my
message, I am unlikely to see it. You can always email me at
phi### [at] hotmailcom