POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : using an animation as an image map : Re: using an animation as an image map Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using an animation as an image map
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 14 Aug 1998 03:18:13
Message: <35d3d6a5.0@news.povray.org>
me wrote in message <35d3c567.0@news.povray.org>...
>The question is.....  (drum roll please)   how do I convert the integer
>current_frame to a string so that I can concatenate it?
[snip]
>Is this stated explicitly in the manual?

Yes it is :-)
See chapter: 7.1.8.3 String Functions and the "str" function.

Be warned though, that I have read several posts in the past, that there is
a bug in this function, in connection with the functions ability to prefix
the resulting string with zeros (do some tests of your own to see what
happens if you use the "Prefix Zeros" option).

Johannes.