POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : You know you've been raytracing too long if... : Re: You know you've been raytracing too long if... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been raytracing too long if...
From: Ron Parker
Date: 13 Aug 1998 13:20:37
Message: <35d31255.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:57:24 -0500, Alex Magidow <axi### [at] mninternet> wrote:
>>You boot up in the morning and your computer has a message waiting for
>    you that says "Come on buddy get a life !"
>>You POV-Ray manual is on the same shelf with your Bible (or Koran, or
>Torah)
>>You kiss your POV-Ray manual when you drop it.

If you still boot your computer, or if you actually have a printed manual,
you haven't been raytracing long enough.  (Though the mandatory copies of
Ray Tracing Creations and Ray Tracing Worlds are of course exempt.)

My contribution: You know you've been raytracing too long when...

You consider offering to drive to Indianapolis and buy Chris Young lunch in
exchange for his autograph on your copy of Ray Tracing Creations. (!)