POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : creating heightfields from contour maps : Re: creating heightfields from contour maps Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:30:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creating heightfields from contour maps
From: Adrian Pederson
Date: 12 Aug 1998 12:23:37
Message: <35d1b379.0@news.povray.org>
I guess I should clarify my last point, i'm aware that changing the
vertical scaling will have a direct effect on the slope. What I'm trying
to do is create a smoothly contoured gradiant over large odd shaped areas
in the heightfield image. It would be nice to do this in a somewhat direct
way, rather than by going through a multiple trial and error filtering
process.

Adrian Pederson