POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed of POV 3.02 on lots of stuff : Re: Speed of POV 3.02 on lots of stuff Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speed of POV 3.02 on lots of stuff
From: Jim Kress
Date: 9 Aug 1998 16:44:16
Message: <35cdfc10.0@news.povray.org>
Some additional numbers for the skyvase benchmark presented by Mark:

Xeon 400 MHz with 512MB RAM (Dell Precisions 610 WS)
Operating System; NT Workstation v4 SP3

POV: 3.1b4
time: 1min 53 sec

POV: 3.02 (standard release)
time: 1min 45 sec

POV: 3.01 PII optimized VC++ v5 compile by Steven Pigeon
time: 1 min 34 sec

The 3.02 time is about 5% better that one would expect (based on cpu speed
scaling of the Alpha results)

Assuming no significant differences betwen 3.01 and 3.02, the PII optimized
results are about 15% better than one would expect.