POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some FEATURES I would like to see : Re: Some FEATURES I would like to see Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some FEATURES I would like to see
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Aug 1998 18:50:59
Message: <35ccc843.0@news.povray.org>
In article <35CB959B.CF90ED4D@bigfoot.com> , Alain CULOS <ZAl### [at] bigfootcom>
wrote:
>Why should you hate it if you do not use it ?

I have to use it (at work) and I don't like it! I have found more bug in it then in
the MacOS also I use the MacOS for much more demanding (and dangerous = debugging)
tasks and WinDOS with MS Office mostly, e.g. try the following: Connect an Access
datbase with a Word document, now open the Word document with the database still open.
Word will try to open the database again and again and you end up (if you don't stop
it) with as many Access applications (not able to read the database because another
Access opened it) as you memeory, harddisk and processor will take. Who creates such a
stupid system (yes, it is causing the problem!) that tried to open the file over and
over again but never has the idea to check if it is already open!

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: Tho### [at] csicom