POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: 3.1beta Bug Report : Re: 3.1beta Bug Report Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:32:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.1beta Bug Report
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Aug 1998 12:05:55
Message: <35c48053.0@news.povray.org>
In article <35C40ADB.514AD812@pacbell.net> , "K. Tyler" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>   When rendering large files, both in physical size and memory
>usage, Pov 3.1 and for that matter 3.01, render to the last line
>(99%)and then crashes with an invalid page fault. My example is a
>scene file that is 17 megs has 123k objects and uses a peak
>memory usage of 61 megs. This is not the first time it has
>happened. In fact it seems to happen on a regular basis where
>large files are concerned.

Its nothing personal, but can you please mark windows bug reports as such - the Mac
version has a nice GUI as well, and it is very confusing to read your message and
somewhere in it find to out that its a windows only problem. And downloading it with
an image takes some time (and cost some money :-)
BTW, maybe windows bug reports better fit in the window section of this newsgroup?

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: Tho### [at] csicom