POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tree Example in TreeDesigner causes POV to crash? : Re: Tree Example in TreeDesigner causes POV to crash? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree Example in TreeDesigner causes POV to crash?
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 21 Jul 1998 09:54:02
Message: <35b48f6a.0@news.povray.org>
Justin wrote in message <01bdb4ac$60c15720$6101a8c0@dreams>...
>I'm using the TreeDesigner final beta (4) and POV for Windows 3.0.  I
>exported the Tree example that came with TreeDesigner as a scene the tried
>to parse it and I get the following error :
>PVENGINE caused an invalid page fault in
[snip]

Did you change anything in TreeDesigner before exporting (rotation, zoom,
leaftypes, etc.)? Which sizing-factor did you use?

Without any changes (no rotation etc.) and sizing-factor 1 I had no problems
rendering the exported file with POV 3.02 on NT (of course no problems
*with* changes either ;-) so I guess the problem is with POV.

More infos for people looking into a possible POV fault:
The exported script contains lots of unions and differences of spheres,
cylinders, cones and prisms (linear_sweep, linear_spline), plus a few very
basic textures and scale, translate, rotate and matrix manipulations.

Johannes.