POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-( : Re: Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-( Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-(
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 7 Jul 1998 13:33:39
Message: <35a24de3.0@news.povray.org>
In article <35a10973.7995439@news.povray.org>, Fri### [at] stonescom says...

>"ior" fom the texture modifier to the interior modifier, although I
>didn't really understood why it isn't possible to insert the
>"interior" modifier into the texture "modifier", like finishes and
>pigments.

This is answered in the docs : if the interior could be part of a "texture"
statement, then you could make texture_maps or material_maps using textures
with different iors or medias; this would be illogical.  That's why
they separated texture and interior.

Now, I agree for the following annoyment : you can't #declare a glass type
material with just 1 identifier.  You must have 2 identifiers to create
a glass object...

Maybe there could be a turnaround in the future : a new "material" identifier
that would include 1 texture and 1 interior, such as :

#declare MyGlass = material {texture {TranspColor} interior {Glass1}}

Fabien.