POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-( : Re: Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-( Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-(
From: Friedemann Schmidt
Date: 6 Jul 1998 14:29:37
Message: <35a10973.7995439@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I just read the pages 125 and 126 of the documentation, where the
difference of "texture" and "interior" is explained. So, I have
unfortunately ;-) to accept the decision of the programmers to move
"ior" fom the texture modifier to the interior modifier, although I
didn't really understood why it isn't possible to insert the
"interior" modifier into the texture "modifier", like finishes and
pigments. I understand the difference between surface and interior,
but isn't it only a definition that "texture" only describes the
surface of an object? In my opinion, a texture describes the whole
style of an object - apart its shape, so it could include the
"interior" modfier... But I think this is a question of definition and
philosophy.

Again, I'm very unhappy about removing "ior" from the texture, quite
apart from the fact, that the POV-team is doing a great job. Thanks!

Bye,
Friedemann

Friedemann Schmidt
Fri### [at] Stonescom