POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestion for new object : Suggestion for new object Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion for new object
From: Mikael Gustafsson
Date: 5 Jul 1998 22:56:14
Message: <35a02ebe.0@news.povray.org>
Sorry for a second post but the last sentence was a bit confusing.

With POV-Ray 3.1 I think it would be possible to incorporate a new object.
Well, here's my two cents on the subject. The current box is probably one of
the most used objects in POV, but it has some drawbacks. The current syntax
only allows boxes with 90 degree corners. But if POV inwoked a new object
that lets the user define all eight corners of the box, it would among other
things help creating #while loops that have flat areas as complex matrix
transformations that are required with the current boxes coule be avoided.

Mikael Gustafsson
mik### [at] nettifi