POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : MPEG Encoders : Re: MPEG Encoders Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPEG Encoders
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 15 Sep 1998 16:12:06
Message: <35FE57BE.1183B99B@xs4all.nl>
Brian E Clough wrote:

> Is everyone using Cmpeg to generate animations from individual frames?
>
> Are there any Win32 programs that will do this job better?
>
> --
> Brian E Clough
>
> "An object at rest Cannot be stopped!!!"
>   -- The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs At Midnight)

It has nothing to do with the subject in a strict sense (MPEG) but I
find Fast Movie Processor quite a handy tool for making quick animations
out of a series of TGA-images. It handles image-series and turns them
into AVIs or the other way round. The advantage (I think) is that you
can use several types of compression and I hate to lose too much
quality. I know MPEG is far better in compressing, but more then once I
think people are ruining their work with it (for the sake of
compression).

Regards,

Remco