POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : News reader : Re: News reader Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: News reader
From: Mike
Date: 10 Nov 1998 06:01:07
Message: <35F7AFCE.3D0A437D@aol.com>
I've never had it crash, but your probably referring to server.  Actually,
I've never experienced any of the awful things that people say happen to them
using the windows OS's, other than a program crash or a system freeze (in the
case of 95/98).  I've never lost data unless the power went out.  I'm sure no
one cares though.  I sure don't.

As far as Netscape goes, I find version 4.0 to be very reliable running on
windows95.  I personally can't stand IE.   It just feels like there's more
room in Netscape.  I see more text and graphics than 'window' and other
unhelpful junk.  Favorites?  I don't need no steenking favorites!  Especially
not to have ones there before even using the program!

I've had problems with the 16 bit version of Netscape running on NT, but I
don't think that was ever an intended use for it.

-Mike

Disclaimer:

This message is valued at 1/200th of a cent.  $100 mail in rebate.  Allow 100
to 200 years for delivery.  Offer available in 49 states...sorry Tennessee.
Not responsible for lost or stolen items.  You break it you bought it.......