POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scientific use of povray : Re: Scientific use of povray Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific use of povray
From: Tim Glover
Date: 9 Sep 1998 16:09:30
Message: <35F6D22C.626@nettally.com>
Congrats on your first place!  I agree .mpg files are smaller (in my
case about 1.5 mbytes vs. 4.5 mbytes) but the colors were dithered
(poorly so, if I may add) and the overall effect was disappointing.
FLI/FLC (with the free Autodesk viewer, no less!) preserves the color
scheme adequately w/o dithering - and looks good even in full screen
640X480 format.

I guess, like .jpg, you get only the quality out that you're willing to
pay for with file size.

Tim G.

tgl### [at] nettallycom