POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Cylindrical Height Field include file for Tmpov : Re: Cylindrical Height Field include file for Tmpov Server Time
19 May 2024 10:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cylindrical Height Field include file for Tmpov
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 3 Sep 1998 13:06:50
Message: <35EEBE9A.145BC915@dhol.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Is there a way you can code this using 3.1's file functions?

I would like to do so, but the 3.1 file read function requires a comma
delimited ascii file with strings quote delimited.  AFAIK, there is no
binary read.  I may have a trick to get around that.  I am experimenting
now.  If not, I will have to write a little preprocessor to feed such a
file to 3.1.  Or maybe Tmpov for 3.1 will come on line before I
succeed.  Perhaps the POV-Team will even add a binary read, although I
wouldn't hold my breath.  One way or another, I intend to make it
happen.  If for no other reason, 3.1 macros will make my code much
cleaner.

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom