POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Point Lights : Re: Point Lights Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Point Lights
From: K  Tyler
Date: 1 Sep 1998 19:34:23
Message: <35EC75FF.1790A958@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made a pretty nice candle for my submission to the math/science IRTC
> entry (May-June 1997). The flame is a bit torch-like but you can fix that.
> Otherwise it features drops of molten was (one of which hasn't yet cooled
> down and is clear and refractive), a pool of molten wax under the flame, and
> that "seat" (?!?!) that you make from a few drops to stick the candle on. If
> you want I'll send you (or post in one of the scene-files groups) the
> source. As of the lighting side of it, it does what you want plus it
> illuminates the candle itself.
>
> Peter

  Actually I wanted to go through the learning curve myself as
far as creating a flame. It was the theoretical behavior of the
light source I'm interested in. I didn't RTFM enough concerning
fade power and fade distance to realize that they do follow the
inverse square law fairly accurately.
Thanks for the offer though.

K.Tyler