POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray and Moray axis : Re: POV-Ray and Moray axis Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray and Moray axis
From: John VanSickle
Date: 30 Aug 1998 17:23:46
Message: <35E9B509.CEE3C3B5@erols.com>
GrimDude wrote:

>   I thought there was a way to scale by a vector to convert a right-handed
> object to the left-handed system? Surely, it is true!

Yes!  Put the following line at the beginning of your code:

#declare FlipYZ = transform { matrix <1,0,0, 0,0,1, 0,1,0, 0,0,0> }

and then use it in every object that came from the other universe:

object {
  MyLeftHandedObject
  transform FlipYZ
}

It also works for right-handed objects imported into left-handed scenes:

object {
  MyRightHandedObject
  transform FlipYZ
}

Hope this helps,
John
--
"What can I say?  Everyone likes flowers, even us evildoers." -- Zorak