POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) : Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP ME with this landscape - sky.jpg (0/1)
From: JK
Date: 27 Aug 1998 18:55:44
Message: <35E5D4C6.24960995@hotmail.com>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> In article <35e587e6.0@news.povray.org>, par### [at] my-dejanewscom says...
>
> >Yes, everything - heightfields
> >are infinite objects, despite the fact that they are documented in the
> >"finite solid primitives" section of the manual.
>
> Interesting, I didn't knew that !  I tought their inside was limited
> to the 0,1 box...
> So they're a bit like planes...
>
> To "heylen" : the parser should give you a warning message if the
> cam'ra is inside something.  But your problem may be different...
>
> Fabien.

I think the problem doesn't lie in some construction error, but the fact that
it isn't all that easy to create a nice blurry horizon with fog layers. I've
tried myself a few times and it was a disaster. If anyone ever succeeded in
creating a nice distant fog that blurs out the horizon, I'd be really
interested in how he/she accomplished that.

JK