POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Realtime POV-Ray : Re: Realtime POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realtime POV-Ray
From: Mikael Carneholm
Date: 27 Aug 1998 13:07:34
Message: <35E583DA.5579@ida.utb.hb.se>
> So if my sphere had a radius of .3625, would it reparse and rerender as
> deleted the 5, then the 2, then the 6, and finally reparse and decide n
ot to
> render when I deleted the 3?  Doesn't that seem like a lot of parsing?
> Remember, some people have posted their experiences with scene files th
at
> take _hours_ to parse.

A lot of parsing, yes, but this mode would probably be of most help when
creating (smaller) scenes from scratch, not when importing mesh files

the scene looks like when coding, much like you can in programs like 3DS
and such.

> I think if there's gonna be an opengl preview, it has to be done when t
he
> user asks for it, not automatically.

toggle-button that switches between "trace mode" (traditional) and
"preview mode".....

The "Mode tree" should maybe look something like this:

	  		      Parser

  		              /   \
           "Standard mode"  -       - "Preview mode"
					 /     \
			     Automatic -         - Manual

Mikael Carneholm

Dep. of Computer Science