POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stacking Balls : Stacking Balls Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Stacking Balls
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 22 Aug 1998 02:48:34
Message: <35DE59F3.19A5CF68@geocities.com>
I've noticed a number of cool looking images rendered in POVRay that
involve balls/marbles/whatever stacket to look like a random pile (most
notably the image that's on the POVRay 3.02 splash screen). Each of
these images looks like the objects do not intersect but just touch. How
is this usually done? Should I do the math (seems complicated) or is the
only way to just guess and test-render? Maybe someone has a script?
Maybe I am missing the obvious and should just read the docs again?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Chris Maryan
mailto:cma### [at] geocitiescom