POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : julia object problems (+5.32K zip) : Re: julia object problems (+5.32K zip) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: julia object problems (+5.32K zip)
From: K  Tyler
Date: 21 Aug 1998 22:24:51
Message: <35DE0F77.C4D99FBA@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I was thinking of playing around with the julia object, more specifically
> with the more intriguing types (asinh, reciprocal etc.) However, aside from
> sqr and cube (which render fine with both quaternions and hypercomplex), no
> fractal would render! I had queued 19 animations 100 frames each for the
> night and in the morning a single pixel hasn't been rendered. POV was busy
> (99% kernel processor usage), but a) it reported 0 pps and b)it stopped
> rendering about 3 minutes after I pressed Alt-G. Next time I exit from POV
> the pvengine rendering thread was still in memory. I tried this on many
> fractals but with the same results. I am using Win95 on a K6/200 32 RAM. I
> used the following POV versions:
>
> Any ideas?
> Ah, yes, attached is the code in question
>
> --Peter

One suggestion. move the camera back so it's no longer
inside of the fractal. Pov reports an error message that
the camera is inside of a non-hollow object. I moved
the camera back to z*-50 just to see what would happen
and the scene rendered to 45% without problems. That is
to say once it hit 45% I presumed I had figured out your
problem and didn't bother rendering the rest of your scene.

hooe I've been of some help to you in your dilemma.

K.Tyler