POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specularity mapping : Re: Specularity mapping Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:33:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specularity mapping
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 18 Aug 1998 19:53:48
Message: <35DA05FC.CC1A8752@flash.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> You are correct.  For some reason, I had assumed that image_map could be
> used wherever any other pattern type could.  I wonder why not.  It looks like
> your best bet is a material map, though I'm not sure if it will work in your
> specific application.

I also am surprised that a raster image (ie image map analog) can't be
used anywhere a pattern can.  Given the highly modular form of the POV code
it would seem the natural implementation.

Instead of bump_map and image_map (and specular_map...), one could
then just have map... like any other function.

Dan
--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/