POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to create a water scene with ripples or waves? : Re: How to create a water scene with ripples or waves? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to create a water scene with ripples or waves?
From: K  Tyler
Date: 18 Aug 1998 16:56:58
Message: <35D9CE29.6E095B68@pacbell.net>
Daniel Sullivan wrote:

> Hi there-
>
> I'm looking for some sample code for creating a water scene with
> ripples.
> The thing I do'nt understand is  how to use waves or ripples inside the
> pigment or texture statement as no examples are given in the pov 3.1
> docs.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ron Hicks
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/1006
> sig### [at] hotmailcom

    Waves and ripples are generaly used inside a normal statement.

example:

plane{y,0
  texture{
    pigment{rgbf<.8,.85,1,.3>}
      normal{ripples .4 scale 1}
        finish{ambient .3 diffuse .1 reflection .3}}}

I just did this off the top of my head so if it's not exacly right excuse me.
The priciple is correct though.

K.Tyler