POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specularity mapping : Re: Specularity mapping Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specularity mapping
From: Tim Glover
Date: 18 Aug 1998 12:28:26
Message: <35D99D71.7BAE@nettally.com>
Good idea, but...

I've considered this, but texture mapping is (like all textures in
POVRAY) a procedural thing.  It's got to conform to (some)
pre-determined mathematical formula.
What I'm looking for is more like a bump map, but instead of perturbing
the surface normals, the function perturbs the specularity.

Thanks anyways....

Tim G.