POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some FEATURES I would like to see : Re: Some FEATURES I would like to see Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some FEATURES I would like to see
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 7 Aug 1998 20:54:20
Message: <35CB93A5.A2BDCA04@flash.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <35cb2a04.0@news.povray.org> , "mdebar" <mic### [at] fundpacbe> wrote:

> >* Accept .ini options switch in .pov files

... or allow setting of POV parameters in the .ini file.
This would allow POV source to be prepared with options for
drafts and final renders beyond the options offered by
the quality setting.
---------------------------
> >* More animation support, e.g. .avi files output;

I suspect with the new GUI extension support, it will be possible
for third parties to produce such a function without perturbing
the core POV code.

> > (GUI stuff omitted)

The GUI is quite nicely done.  However, as there already exist good
programming
editors (EMACS on UNIX, GWD Edit ($20) on Windows), and an amazing quantity
of good image viewers, I think "keep it simple" is a good approach to follow
with GUI's.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/