POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No compatibility between POV-Ray 3.x and 3.1 :-( : Re: No compatibility between POV-Ray 3.x and 3.1 :-( Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No compatibility between POV-Ray 3.x and 3.1 :-(
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 5 Aug 1998 21:30:44
Message: <35C8F932.26F0E619@flash.net>
Friedemann Schmidt wrote:
> (I wrote) :
> >Don't look at it as halos were taken away -- look at it as they were
> >a gift while they lasted, to be replaced by something even better.
>
> Yes, that's right. But again:

Sorry about that -- due to a time lag problem I didn't see the initial
reply to your post from Fabien (and your reply).  When I did see it,
I canceled mine, which was basically the same thing.

------------------
> I would be very very glad to see a new modifier "material" in future
> versions, so that one can declare the texture and interior of an
> object again to one identifier

I agree.

> Raytracing-Gallery: http://www.rz.fhtw-berlin.de/~s0049669/

This is one of the best POV galleries I've seen on the net....
I really like your touch for the abstract! ( I have sent you
private email about this in the past, but it certainly deserves
to be said in public).

Dan