POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: 3.1beta Bug Report : Re: 3.1beta Bug Report Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.1beta Bug Report
From: K  Tyler
Date: 5 Aug 1998 19:59:56
Message: <35C8D5AB.708946F5@pacbell.net>
Alain CULOS wrote:

> You are free to do whatever you like, though it is a shame to close your doors to
> the ones who appreciated your input in there just because you received some not
> very helpful criticism.Yet if you listen to the criticism carefully, it first said
> it would have been nicer if you had warned you were reporting a windows bug as it
> would have saved someone lots of time.
>
> I will not ask you to continue or discontinue posting your bug reports here, I just
> wanted to let you know that simply because you see one reaction does not mean
> everybody thinks along the same lines. Any contribution will always be helpful, a
> better contribution will be even more helpful.
>
> Cheers, enjoy your own decision whatever it is,
> Al.

    My decision to not post bug reports here are not based so much on
my personal feelings but instead based on the reality of protocol. After
reading Chris Young's reply's to bug reports over on c.g.r.r. I came to
realize that this really is not the forum for such discussion. Further more
to squawk publicly here about problems with pov and expect something
positive to come of it is really a naive and non-productive attitude.
Nothing will come of it so why expend the energy.
    So I did what, I thought, would do the most good for me as a user
and hopefully the benefit of others. And that was to stop the thread and
go through official channels like I should have in the first place.
    On the other hand in the future if I have an opinion on a feature I
don't like, or the way some new function is introduced that seems
whacky, I will enlist support from the voices of the many. At that time
you may certainly anticipate me posting to this, or whatever appropriate
newsgroup,  in CAPITOL letters decrying the injustices we must suffer
as users of this expensively free software that doesn't offer all the options
a $25,000 dollar commercial package has.

Until then ...

K.Tyler