POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-Ray Model contest? : Re: Pov-Ray Model contest? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Model contest?
From: Micha
Date: 4 Aug 1998 17:40:57
Message: <35C772AC.B1E8E944@datacomm.ch>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> In article <35c5c0a6.0@news.povray.org>, par### [at] my-dejanewscom says...
> >
> >On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 22:57:51 +0200, Micha <mic### [at] datacommch> wrote:
> >>Good idea!
> >>
> >>Well, the winning Models and all good Models could be a good thing to
> >>help growing the POVRay Objects Collection which I recently started!
> >>(You can find it at http://povobjects.fsn.net/. It's daly growing!)
> >
> >Only if the contest requires contestants to relinquish their copyright,
> >as your site does.  If that were the case, I doubt that many of us would
> >consider entering.  I considered putting the models on my POV page into
> >your collection, but like many freeware authors, I choose to retain my
> >copyright.
> >

> I think you are right.  One don't need to abandon copyright to make
> something free.  The "rule" should be to "allow free use of model,
> without asking permission, but the author retains his/her copyright".
> (if you look at my objects at Micha's page, you will see such a header).
> And it's fair to mention original author's name in source file...

Okay, I'll change that. I've just written that because I didn't want to
do anything illegal by publishing something that has a copyright on it.
So from now on you'll be allowed to add a copyright but then you must
write that it's allowed to free use.

Micha

for them who don't know it yet:
the POVRay Objects Collection can be found at http://povobjects.fsn.net/