POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray v3.1 beta 5 released : Re: POV-Ray v3.1 beta 5 released Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.1 beta 5 released
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 1 Aug 1998 13:11:14
Message: <35C33E39.67E98A6A@flash.net>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

>   Maybe I'm a little paranoid...

Maybe?

1. The changes.txt I posted applied only to the windows-specific changes.
   The general code changes were not documented there -- I don't know
   where they are to be found.

2. DOS was an obsolete operating system the day it came out.  At some
   point support for things needs to be relaxed, especially when manpower
   is so limited.   Issues like this are solved by volunteering, not
   complaining and begging, and it seems to me a volunteer has stepped
   forward in the DOS case.

I appreciate the services of the POV team.  While I agree a more open standard
would be preferable (the current beta-release strategy is stifling innovation
due to the fact that nobody wants to do anything with the most recently
available code right now), I don't see any alternatives out there.

Before I complain too loudly, I'll volunteer to lead a new renderer project.
I do not volunteer.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/