POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Placing label on povray beer bottle : Re: Placing label on povray beer bottle Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Placing label on povray beer bottle
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 31 Jul 1998 20:02:12
Message: <35C24D07.F91FFE28@flash.net>
Sorry for the delay in replying...

The key in PSP 5.0 is to "colors->decrease color depth" to 256 colors.
Then "colors->edit palette" to see which color index corresponds
to the color which is the background -- colors are numbered
starting with 0 and going to 255.  Or, if your label
is simpler, you can reduce the colors to 16.  Just make sure
your background color is unique (to avoid confusion).

Then use the "transmit" option in the image_map statement to
set the transmission of the background color to 1.

>> labels of aspect ratio x:y :: 2 pi:1 to make

> One other thing I would like to note regarding the aspect ratio of the image;
> it seems to me that an aspect ration of pi : 1 would make the label only
> stretch 'halfway' round rather than 2pi or am I going off the deep end with
> this presumption%}

Correct -- I think you missed the "2" in my note.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/