POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pre-parsing POV-Ray .inc files : Pre-parsing POV-Ray .inc files Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Pre-parsing POV-Ray .inc files
From: Doug Finch
Date: 27 Jul 1998 17:58:46
Message: <35BCEE03.2F62@despam-synapse.com>
Does anyone know if it is possible to Pre-parse an include file with
POV-Ray?

I have a a set of object include files that never change between
renderings.  Because they are so large it takes 70% of the whole
process just to parse those files.

So I was thinking that there might be a utility to Pre-parse those
object include files and save it in a format that POVRay understood so
that they wouldn't have to be parsed every time a scene is rendered.

Seems like a good idea!

Remove "no-spam-" from eMail to reply directly to me.