POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Placing label on povray beer bottle : Re: Placing label on povray beer bottle Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Placing label on povray beer bottle
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 26 Jul 1998 21:48:10
Message: <35BBCE52.B907933F@flash.net>
There are several options.  The one I use is to
place borders at the sides of the label so when
it stretches around, the letters will remain on one
side. You can then assign transparency to that
part of the image so the underlying bottle appears.

You'll need to think about how to scale the image
to maintain proper aspect ratio.  I like using
labels of aspect ratio x:y :: 2 pi:1 to make
this easy.

Also you probably want to use "once" in the texture
specification to prevent it from tiling the
label along the y-axis.  Also don't forget
"interpolate 2" to save yourself from aliasing.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/