POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Texture Editor : Re: Texture Editor Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:09:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Editor
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 16 Jul 1998 17:55:36
Message: <35AE4518.55F6549E@bigfoot.com>
Tim Burton wrote:

> It would definitely be Freeware.  The fast texture render is appealing, perhaps
> I will check with PovTeam and see if that is possible.  Thanks for your input.

You are more than welcome.

> I have enough spare time to invest in the project for windows, however I am not
> willing to spend the time to write the software for any other platforms.  I am
> willing to work with people interested in making a compatable software on other
> platforms, but do not wish to dual develop a single piece of software.

 I will not lend a hand in the development, but here is a couple of suggestions
(freeware) :
1- use GCC if you can (there is a Mingw32 compiler out on the net, that is one of
the GCC 2.8.1 ports to Win32).
2- use a portable GUI toolkit e.g. V 1.20 or wxWindows 1.68 (stable) or 2.00
(alpha). The former is simple, the latter complex but comprehensive. Both are
available for Windows and Unix at least.

I am personally starting (very slowly) to develop some app, that I hope will be out
there sometime (years) and I use Mingw32 and V1.18 (cause I was lazy to upgrade to
the latest version). Both take some learning but you get to do more portable code.

Although I will not lend a hand in development, I will be glad to discuss
specifications if you so wish, then test, comment the docs and use.

here are a few URLs :
 http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~janjaap/mingw32/
 http://objectcentral.com/
 http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/wxwin2.htm

Cheers,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.