POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG speed : Re: CSG speed Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG speed
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 13 Jul 1998 22:02:24
Message: <35AAAE17.2F8669E1@flash.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I am writing an .inc (I'll post it at binaries.utilities, how about here?)
> and I face a problem. Which renders and/or parses faster:
>
> Even more important to me is which one is more memory-efficient ( I have 32
> Megs )

Why ask?  POV reports memory usage, processing time, hit efficiency,
and a variety of other statistics.  Do the experiment.  Report
the results.

The same applies to the question about bounding boxes around intersection
objects -- the experiment is trivially performed.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/