POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestion for new object : Re: Suggestion for new object Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion for new object
From: Mark R
Date: 13 Jul 1998 04:35:32
Message: <35A9B8B7.F51BBA9B@usa.net>
IMHO, it might be both easier (well okay, slightly easier) and more helpful to
add a new object with four corners instead of eight. Yes, we can currently
just take the intersection of some planes, but that's true of the box object
also... Anyway, it would be nice to not have to figure out the vector normals
for the planes for each object. (Chris Colefax's example is slick, but still
looks a bit daunting to me.)
I know it's too late for this to be added to v3.1, but I might as well add it
now to the (steadily increasing) wish-list :)